Saturday, April 18, 2009

Beautiful spring!

Today I have been enjoying the beauties of spring. We had some thunderstorms this morning, but this afternoon the sun came out and everything was sparkling clean and beautiful. The sky was blue with some fluffy white clouds. There is a special quality to the color green in the spring, as all the trees and bushes are putting out their fresh young leaves. I just love it. It is evening now and as I sit by my open window I can hear the twittering of the birds outside. A little while ago I looked out on the front lawn and there was a bright red cardinal and a big robin red breast hopping around in the grass. It was fun to watch them.
On days like this I can relax and enjoy the great blessings I enjoy. I have many concerns about the future of this country and the dangers we are facing, but it is good to sit back and remember our blessings too. God does not want us to despair at the things we see going wrong around us. Man is that he might have joy. We do need to stay informed and involved though. All good men must be heard if we are to protect the sacred freedoms that so many have given so much for us to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment