Sunday, March 22, 2009


I decided that starting a blog that was just for my thoughts and feelings was a good idea. I read a lot and listen a lot, but I seldom have the opportunity to express my opinions and thoughts. Putting them on a blog seems like a great way for me to be able to express myself on issues that are important to me. Being a conservative Republican makes me one of the minority right now, but I am not powerless. I have a voice. I have a vote.
As shown in the last election, all too many people are content to vote their emotions. Many, many people voted for Obama based solely on the fact that they were impressed with his speaking ability. Since he expresses himself well he must be able to solve all problems, right? There were many red flags raised that people should have taken note of. His ideas and his connections showed him to be a radical in many ways. His lack of substance and inexperience should have alerted people that he does not even really know what he's doing. He is like the kid who leaves for college thinking he owns the world and that he knows it all, only to discover that he is really just a babe in the woods.
I have a great fear though, that with Obama it isn't just that he is inexperienced, but that he has a firm determination to remake this country into the form that he thinks is best. He has expressed often that the constitution is flawed and needs to be 'fixed'. He has made hero's out of such radicals as Saul Alinsky. He is dead wrong about the constitution. I believe it was a document that was inspired by God. The United States was a gift given to the world by God.
I believe that God still rules and is still in charge, but he has given his children free choice. If we make unrighteous choices, he will allow us to reap the consequences.
Do I think all is lost? No. Do I think we are in danger of losing it all? Yes. So I must speak out. I must express myself. Even if no one ever reads my posts, they will help me organize my thoughts and enable me to express them better when given the opportunity in conversation with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment